Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Going Deep


I've been seeing the chiropractor regularly for a car wreck I was recently in.  My shoulder has been acting up like crazy, popping loudly at random and being really sore for no reason.  Twice a week I've been seeing the chiropractor for an adjustment and acupuncture and I've seen the massage therapist twice now to further my results. 

The first time I saw the massage therapist it was kind of awkward.  He was an older guy, really nice, just kind of awkward.  When I get a massage, I don't like to talk.  I just like to sit and relax... maybe drool a little.  This guy wanted to talk the entire time.  I couldn't complain though because he had hands from God and I definitely felt better afterwards.

The next time I went in to see the same massage therapist we were going over where the pain was now and how I felt after our last appointment.  I've learned from past massages that if you don't tell them exactly where it hurts, feels good, too hard, not hard enough that they'll never know, and in turn, it won't really be worth your time.  So, I made sure to tell him exactly where I was experiencing pain and that I preferred the deep tissue massage.  Here is how our conversation progressed from there:

Old Man Hands: "I went really deep in you last time, right?"
Me:  "Yeah, and it felt really good.  I liked it."

I almost peed myself trying not to laugh.  

Ah, the joys of inappropriateness.  

No comments: